Love is in the Air..almost. Are you looking to throw a V-day party? DBD can plan your big day from the gift ideas, favors, food & beverage, raffles prizes, linens & décor, run of show, onsite execution….you name it! Our full-service company can take care of all the stress of event planning from building registration websites for your attendees to airfare, transportation, hotel bookings, entertainment and all the way up to the signage.
To get into the spirit of things, here is a little treat from us to you: “Be-My-Valentine Cookies.” Whip these up for your significant other, friends, or eat them all yourself!
• 1 cup(s) (unsalted) butter, softened
• 3 ounce(s) cream cheese, softened
• 3/4 cup(s) sugar
• 1 large egg
• 1 teaspoon(s) peppermint or vanilla extract
• 3 cup(s) flour
• 12 ounce(s) package, 2 cups, semisweet chocolate chips
• 2 tablespoon(s) shortening
1. In a large bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, sugar, egg and peppermint or vanilla extract. Using electric mixer, beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add flour. Continue beating until well mixed. Divide dough in half; wrap each half in plastic food wrap. Refrigerate dough for 2 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Roll out half of the dough (keep the remaining dough refrigerated) to 1 4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut out cookies using a 21/2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place cutouts 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, or until edges are very lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheets; cool completely on wire rack.
3. Line cookie sheets with waxed paper. Melt chocolate chips and shortening in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring often, until just melted and smooth (4 to 6 minutes). Dip half of each heart into the chocolate. Place cookies on lined cookie sheets and refrigerate until chocolate is firm. Store refrigerated in airtight containers, with waxed paper separating layers of cookies.